Monday, June 15, 2009

The Fool Cuts the Strings

While I can't speak for the blogosphere, lately I just haven't been finding or seeing any syncs. That seems to have changed as of this morning, things are starting to reveal themselves to me once more.

In the 1970's and early eighties, Marvel Comics published a magazine called "crazy", which was of the same vein of Mad Magazine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here we see Superman, flying from a New York that is not only in flames, but is being held up by a Green Skinned god. (They might have meant for it to be the Hulk, but it resonates Osiris.) Only, this isn't just any Superman, it's the Christopher Reeve Superman (RIP). The Fool is about to cut his strings.

The clown is known as the fool in the tarot deck. It is the fool that takes a leap into the abyss, which means the unknown. It is believed by some that the fool is a soul in the afterlife that leaps from heaven to the Earth, and is reborn once again. In ancient Greek belief, people had an invisible string attached to them that reached into heaven, and when the Fates cut the string, that meant your ass.

A few years after the Superman movies, Christopher Reeve was in a horse riding accident that eventually led to his death. The accident left him paralyzed for a number of years, and he fought to walk again through stem cell research up until the day of his death.

2 comments:

Michael Skaggs said...

Now that is one strange cover!!

Weird!

Unknown said...

Interesting that it's Superman II. I don't see too many synchs unless I'm watching TV (which I barely do) or a movie. I never really get out of the house so I don't have those Jake Kotze days of seeing synchs everywhere I go :( I take a "when the student is ready - the master will appear" approach to noticing things, I'll see it when I'm ready to see it.