Monday, April 20, 2009

Apocalypse

I was doing some comic book cover browsing a couple of days ago, and I found a couple of interesting comic book covers. Both these covers had the WTC on them, with the word "apocalypse" printed underneath them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This image was taken from Batman Chronicles #21. I don't have the exact date of publication, but it was either in 96 or 97. Here is the full cover.



This is an image taken from Daredevil #227, Febuary, 1986.



The full cover.



Of course, there was no "apocalypse", but it was an apocalypse type event. Interesting that I should find both covers on the same day.

Edit: I apologize about the confusing text next to the images, my regular image host is down and I had to use an alternate of which I am not familiar.

6 comments:

aferrismoon said...

Apocalypse means 'to reveal' , from the Greek.
Apocalypse Girl nesting on the Skull and Bones

cheers

Alex Robinson said...

That's an amazing find, extra especially in close succession - have been playing a bit with the idea of time - does it really flow forward or did these twin pics travel backwards from 2001.

I hope you are well

The Secret Sun said...

Wow! Awesome finds!

StrangEye said...

Excellent find!

The left hand of the Devil on the fishy center of the vesica piscis.

~SE~
WV: ingni

Ed said...

Thanks all!

Jake Kotze said...

Yip.

Nice ONE.