Thursday, January 1, 2009

Need a Generator?

This past fall, a freak windstorm knocked out the power to my town. The wind hit speeds in excess of 60 mph, and it didn’t let up all day. We were without electricity for 24 hours, but some folks were out for over a week. We have had some freaky weather here lately, and I believe the pattern is going to continue.

I can’t help but wonder what would happen if there was an ice storm that knocked out the power during sub-zero temperatures? We could go to our in-laws, but that would mean driving over 50 miles of ice covered roads. If I had diesel or Natural Gas Generators, I wouldn’t have to worry about it. And I could invite all of my relatives that live close by to stay here until power was restored. Of course if I did buy a generator, I would also need to install a Generator Transfer Switch.

If you don’t want to get caught flat-footed, and you are thinking about getting a Power Generator, do a little research on what type of generator is right for you.

No comments: