Sunday, February 22, 2009

Spring and the Age of Aquarius

The Age of Aquarius will begin in 2012, and many think this will be the end of the world. I don't fall into this line of thinking, and here is why.

Many years ago when my now college age daughter was seven, she asked me when winter would be over. I told her the first day of Spring will begin on March 22. She was very excited the night of March 21, and the next day woke up and ran outside. It was around 32 degrees, and the trees were still bare. She came inside and accused me of lying, that it wasn't spring yet, it was still yucky old winter. I told her that spring didn't happen on one day, it was a gradual process.

I think the new age will be the same way. There will be gradual changes over the next few centuries, but December of 2012 will probably be like any other December. No tidal wave of water will rush in to take us away, but we might get some rain.

No comments: