Saturday, May 30, 2009

Disney Memories

When I was 13 years old, my mother, brother, sister, and myself carpooled with my aunt and her two sons to Orlando Florida for a trip to Disneyworld. My uncle was living in Florida at the time, and he was able to get us tickets at a low cost. If you have ever ridden with your family in a car for over a thousand miles, I’m sure you know what it was like. I remember my cousins throwing punches at each other, breaking each others glasses. (lol)

It was the first time I had ever been out of my home state, and I was amazed by the beach. I hadn’t imagined looking out over water and not seeing land on the other side. My cousin and I took a walk along the beach, and we saw an old man fishing. I asked him if he had caught anything, and he showed me a shark he had on a line. It was only about three feet long, but I was amazed because I had never seen a shark before. My uncle took us all out to eat, and I remember eating shrimp for the first time. My uncle laughed at me when they saw I ate the whole shrimp, shells and all.

The next day we drove from St Augustine to Orlando for our trip to Disney World. From the parking lot, we boarded a train that was up one a rail. Mom told me it was called a monorail. At the entrance to the park was a castle that looked exactly like the one on the Disney Logo. Cinderella herself was greeting people as they came in the door. My aunt wanted me to talk with her, but I chickened out.

The ride I remember most almost thirty years after being there was Space Mountain. It was a Roller Coaster that was indoors. The cart that carried us looked like a rocket, complete with a countdown to start the ride. We whizzed past other planets, and even took a journey out of the solar system. I think me and my brother and sister rode Space Mountain twenty times that day.

If you would like Disney World memories of your own, click here for Disney World Tickets.

No comments: